Kimberly Rodgers holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and a French minor from the University of Georgia. She also obtained a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Central Florida in 2003 accompanied by a Certificate in Children’s services.
A Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Kimberly is a Qualified Supervisor through the State of Florida Department of Health enabling her to supervise registered clinical social work interns pursuing licensure. She is also a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor through the Association for Play Therapy.
A Certified MAPP instructor (Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting) Kimberly is a member of :
- EMDRIA (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Mental Health Association of Southwest Florida
- Association for Play Therapy (where she is national and state member in addition to Vice President of the Southwest Florida Chapter)
- National Association of Social Workers where she is also a national and Florida chapter member
- Sandplay Therapists of America
- Theravive.com and Good Therapy.org (recognized by ‘Psychology Today’)
Kimberly is Founder of Monarch Therapy, LLC, a holistic therapy center in Naples, Florida offering psychotherapy, yoga, and other therapeutic modalities. The center specializes in stress/anxiety, trauma, adjustment to life transitions, and childhood emotional and behavioral issues. Beyond traditional “talk therapy,” the center uses expressive approaches including play therapy (counseling through a child’s natural language of play), sand tray therapy, and EMDR (trauma specific therapy). http://www.MonarchTherapy.com
Kimberly is also a trained yoga teacher and currently holds the position of Editor In Chief at eFitFamily, http://www.efitfamily.com/
University of Georgia, Bachelor’s in Social Work
University of Central Florida, Master’s in Clinical Social Work